Saturday 15 September 2012

T.I.A.


Sunday September 16th


I was about to say I had solved my Internet problems but it has stopped working again.  I ‘solved it’ by going on at 5:00 this morning (no real hardship as I am now living by the sun – Dawn 06:15 Dusk 18:15) and doing a couple of hours work before breakfast to try to catch up with the backlog.

Yesterday when I was in Tanga I went into a friendly small supermarket for basic rations.  As a man of advanced years (sitini saba tomorrow), I did not think a regular breakfast of boiled eggs was sensible (possibly a poor choice of adjective), so I purchased a large box of Weetabix to last until my next expedition.  I also bought some long life milk and a few other things not available in Pangani.  You can imagine my feelings at 7:00 this morning when I sat down for breakfast, opened the first packet of Weetabix and saw hundreds of very tiny ants inside the waxed sleeve. Gutted.  Thankfully I had bought a packet of Bran/Granola as a back-up and that was fine and is now residing inside three bin liners one on top of the other on my bedroom table.

As Cliff so often says T.I.A. (This is Africa)

No comments:

Post a Comment