Wednesday 22 August 2012

Two weeks on Tuesday


Time is short now and only twenty more 'sleeps' until I fly.

I'm gradually checking things off from my 'to do' list.

I've been to the doctors and collected enough of my tablets to last me until Christmas (that's one suitcase filled) and with the added help with jabs from the travel clinic in Leeds am now good for Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio and Rabies (knowing me I'll get flu!). Interesting to see that the most expensive of my NHS drugs would cost under a £1 for a pack of 28 but the one drug I had to get on a private prescription (Malarone for Malaria) is £2.30 a tablet. Typical.

I've bought my own mosquito net just in case I get a holy one, and am making a collection of insect repellents. In fact, for the first time in my life, I'm in danger of turning into a hypochondriac.

One thing I have found though is that this blog idea is not as easy as it looks.  I am growing even more respectful of my eldest son, Cliff, who seems to write such easily readable reports.  Hopefully, when I actually arrive and start a life of new experiences, the muse will be stronger within me. For now I'll get back to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment